The cafe is located in the former Principal Keepers cottage and attached conservatory.
You can rest and unwind with a coffee and snack or something more substantial while taking in some of the most beautiful views Hook has to offer.
- Our in-house bakery produces fresh scones daily.
- Our outdoor catering unit is open all summer serving fresh coffee, bbq and pizzas.
- With outdoor seating for over 120.
Hook Lighthouse is part of the Wexford Food Family and uses as many local suppliers as possible. We open 9.30am to 4.45pm from Sept 1st to June 30th and 9.30am to 5.45pm from July 1st to August 31st .
- Our award winning cafe is open all year round.
- Free WiFi available in the café.
- Open Smoked Salmon on Homemade Brown bread
- Home-made cakes, scones and bread
- There is homemade chowder, fish n chips, open prawn sambos and much more to chose from.
Photos of Our Café & Visitor Centre
What Our Guests Had To Say
Certificate of Excellence Based on “1770” reviews
Myself and my wife did the tour of Hook Lighthouse when we were staying in New Ross. We had Claire as our tour guide. Claire was very friendly and welcoming from the start and was very informative about all the history of the lighthouse and answered any questions we had with great detail and patience, thanks Claire.She has a passion for her job.
She made our tour very interesting and enjoyable. I would highly recommend a visit to Hook Lighthouse.
Keith Mccabe. Written January 31, 2023
Fab place to visit. Didn’t do the lighthouse tower (young son with us) but went for a walk around had fantastic food which was very well priced. Nice little gift shop not too much on sale which is good. Staff were very friendly and helpfull. Spotless place inside and out. Could have spent alday there. Weather was fab for January too.
Geraldine Massey. Written January 28, 2023
A really love way to spend a few hours!! Stunning scenery and the little cafe is wonderful, perfect views while eating really delicious food! Seafood Chowder was the best I’ve ever had!.
Sinead Kennedy. Written January 24, 2023