TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Access to this Website and the use of information on it is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use. You should carefully read these Terms and Conditions of Use. By proceeding further, you will be deemed to have accepted them.
In these Terms and Conditions of Use, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
- “Terms and Conditions of Use” – means the Terms and Conditions of Use of this Website;
- “Hook Heritage CLG” or “HH CLG” – means our Company;
- “HH CLG” means Hook Heritage CLG,
- “Hookheritage.ie Website” and “Website” mean this website, being a website accessible at the following internet address: https://hookheritage.ie/
- “Privacy Statement” means our statement of practice as regards the privacy and security of your information when accessing and/or using this Website and any of the features hereon (you can read a copy of the Privacy Statement by clicking “Privacy Statement” on our website)
- “you” means any and all persons accessing or using this Website and/or availing of any information and/or services available on or via this Website;
- “we” and “our” and “us” means HH CLG;
2. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
Information appearing on this Website is provided in accordance with and subject to the laws of the Republic of Ireland and the laws of the Republic of Ireland govern the conduct and operation of this website. The courts of the Republic of Ireland have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of, or in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Use, the information contained on this Website, and any use made of that information. Any such claims or disputes shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
3. ACCEPTABLE USAGE POLICY
The Site is fully moderated. Every contribution submitted to the Blog or Comment Stream (Contributions) will be checked by us for compliance with our content standards (Content Standards) before it is published. We will try to publish as many Contributions as we can but we cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published. We also cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be posted on the Blog or Comment Stream as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
Although the Blog and Comment Stream are fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Blog or Comment Stream or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating the Blog and Comment Stream at any time. We reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution and, in particular, any contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deem unlawful or in violation of any third-party rights. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Blog and Comment Stream by any person in contravention of these Rules.
3.2 Use of the Blog and Comment Stream by Minors
The use of the Blog and Comment Stream by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use the Blog and Comment Stream that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using the Blog and Comment Stream should be made aware of the potential risks to them and of their obligation to comply with these Rules when using the Blog and Comment Stream.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to minors from third parties when they use the Blog and Comment Stream, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
3.3 Content Standards
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. HHCLG, in its discretion, will decide whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in the Republic of Ireland and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from HHCLG if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
3.4 Breach of these Rules
When we consider that a breach of the Content Standards has occurred, we may at our discretion take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with these Rules constitutes a material breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use on which you are permitted to use the Blog and Comment Stream, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Blog.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Blog.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
4. DISCLAIMER AS TO ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
Care has been taken in the preparation of the information contained on this Website. However, we do not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy of the information contained on this Website.
5. PROHIBITED USE OF THE WEBSITE
The information on this Website is not intended to be provided to and should not be used in any State or jurisdiction of any nature in which access to or use of such information is prohibited, whether in the format in which it is presented on this Website or otherwise. If you have any doubts about the legality of your using this Website, you should not continue any further.
The contents of this Website, including these Terms and Conditions of Use, any information contained on this Website and our Privacy Statement are subject to change and to being updated without notice from time to time.
7. HYPERTEXT LINKS
This Website contains hypertext links to websites not maintained by HH CLG.
HH CLG does not endorse or represents the reliability, accuracy, or quality of any information, goods, services, or products displayed or advertised on such other websites. No member of HH CLG is or shall be (or be deemed to be) a party to any contract that you may or do enter into with the providers of such goods, services or products. You are reminded that different Terms and Conditions of Use will apply to you as a user of such websites. HH CLG hereby disclaims any and all liability for the content of such websites and any loss or damage of any nature suffered by you as a result of either:
(a) accessing or using such websites or
(b) availing of or acquiring any or all of the goods, services or products advertised or available on or via such websites. The use by you of such websites is at your sole risk.
This Website contains hypertext links to websites maintained by members of the HH CLGG. You are reminded that different Terms and Conditions of Use may apply to you as a user of such websites.
Please note that HH CLG cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of information relating to you that passes over the Internet. In accessing this Website and in availing of any of the services/information available on or via this Website, you are deemed by these Terms and Conditions of Use to accept that electronic mail messaging and Internet communication may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. In all circumstances, the use by you of this Website is at your sole risk.
9. PRIVACY STATEMENT
HH CLG will use your personal data in the manner set out in its Privacy Statement. However, in the event of a conflict between the Privacy Statement and these Terms and Conditions of Use, the Terms and Conditions of Use shall prevail.
10. GENERAL DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
No member of the HH CLG (or any other person involved with the provision and maintenance of this Website) takes any responsibility for the accuracy of the information provided on this Website. Use of such information is at the user’s sole risk. No member of the HH CLG accepts any liability for any loss or damage of any nature, including but not limited to loss of profits, goodwill, or any other type of financial or other pecuniary or direct or special indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising whether in negligence or for breach of contract or other duty as a result of:
i. use of this Website, including but not limited to any electronic mail messaging and Internet communication that may arise from, in the course of or pursuant to such use; and/or
ii. reliance on the information contained in this Website, whether: (a) downloaded or not; (b) authorised or not
HH CLG makes no representation or warranty or undertaking of any kind in relation to the analysis or information contained on this Website or the completeness or accuracy of such information.
11. RIGHT OF Hook Heritage CLG TO INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE
The information contained on this Website may not be copied, transmitted, amended or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior written consent of HH CLG.
12. ATTEMPTED USE OF THIS WEBSITE
These Terms and Conditions of Use shall also apply, subject to alteration as necessary, to attempted access of the Website and attempted use of information on it.
In the event that any provision in these Terms and Conditions of Use is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall be severed and the remaining provisions shall be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by the laws of Republic of Ireland.
Clause headings in these Terms and Conditions of Use are for reference purposes only and shall not be used to construe or determine the meaning of any or all of these Terms and Conditions of Use.